ITW Australia Pty Ltd, trading as ITW Proline (ABN 63 004 235 063) (the “Company”) respects your personal privacy and is committed to adhering to all applicable privacy laws in order to protect you and your identity, including the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This Privacy Statement applies only to this ITW Website and to ITW’s handling of information collected through this Website. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any third-party sites that may be accessible from here (including any ITW affiliate or business unit sites) or to the processing of personal information by such third-parties.
This Website is operated by ITW in Australia and any personal information submitted through the Website will result in the collection and processing of such information in Australia. As a result, if you are visiting the Website from a country other than Australia, your personal information will cross an international boundary. The level of protection for your personal information in Australia may not be the same as the level of protection in your country.
- What information ITW collects from you and how we use it
- How long we retain your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- What choices you have about how ITW uses your information
- How ITW protects your information
- What ITW does about children visiting this Website
- How you can contact ITW
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our use of your personal information collected through this Website, or your rights with respect to such use, you may contact us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact ITW section below
1. INFORMATION ITW COLLECTS FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information on this Website that can be used to identify or contact a particular person (we refer to this type of information as “personal information”). Personal information includes information that does not directly identify you by name or include your contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our Website and which if combined with certain other information could be used to identify you. The types of personal information we collect and process include:
- Full name
- Contact information (work or home postal address; work, mobile or home telephone number; work or home fax number; work or personal email address)
- Employer and job title
- Education and experience information (CV information; professional experience; education; certifications; personal interests)
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Log data
- Location data
- Cookie data
- Social media use and utilisation
We actively collect personal information from our Website visitors when they provide it to us directly in responding to specific questions or requests on the Website (e.g., personal information provided through our Website submission form or careers page). ITW uses this information for the purposes of pursuing its ordinary course of business as described in more detail below. For example, if you submit an inquiry to us through our Website submission form, your personal information will be used to track and respond to your inquiry and provide you with the information and support requested. Similarly, if you provide your resume to ITW for purposes of obtaining employment, the resume will be used for activities related to your potential employment. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information on the Website.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies (such as changes to this Privacy Statement when required under applicable law). Because this information is important to your interaction with ITW, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
To the extent non-personal information (e.g., log data, location data, or cookie data) is combined with personal information, we treat such combined information as personal information for purposes of this Privacy Statement. We use this combined information for the purposes described in the Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information section below, our Cookie Notice, and as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement.
In general, and as required under applicable law, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not compatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws. In any event, we take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION (EUROPEAN VISITORS ONLY)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, the legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, the applicable legal basis for our processing of your personal information normally includes one of the following:
- Based on your consent. In some cases, at the point at which you provide personal information, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process such information. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact ITW section below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your personal information that has already occurred. Where we process your personal information based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Performance of a contract. In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal information to fulfil our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we are processing your personal information to fulfil our obligations under a contract to which you are a party, you may not be able to object to such processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to such processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Compliance with applicable laws. In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal information to comply with an applicable law. Where we process your personal information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to such processing, but you will usually have the right to access or review the relevant personal information unless it would impede our legal obligations.
- ITW’s legitimate interests. We may process your personal information based on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party) to the extent such interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In such cases, you have the right to object to the relevant processing of your personal information by contacting us as described under the How You Can Contact ITW section below.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make such legitimate interests clear to you at the relevant time.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact ITW section below.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Like most web sites, when you use our Website, we passively collect certain non-personal information that does not, on its own, identify any particular individual. The types of non-personal information we collect and process include:
- Log data. When you use or interact with our Website, our servers record certain information that is automatically reported by your browser (such as Apple’s Safari, Microsoft’s Edge, Google’s Chrome, or Mozilla’s Firefox) or device each time you request our Website, or when content is downloaded to your browser or device from our Website. This “log data” includes your IP address (which is used to infer approximate location); Internet service provider; browser type and settings (e.g., content language, cookie/DNT preferences); device information (e.g., type of device, operating system, device manufacturer); referring/exiting URL; request/response date and time; clickstream data; device ID or advertising ID; and data contained in first-party cookies and similar technologies (discussed further below and in our Cookie Notice). Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. To the extent that IP addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information under applicable law, we also treat such identifiers as personal information.
- Location data. Depending on your computer or device permissions, we may collect information about your device’s approximate (e.g., country or zip code) or precise location (“location data”). Various technologies may be used to collect this location information, such as IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may provide information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers. We will only collect your computer’s or device’s precise location with your consent.
In addition, when we aggregate or anonymize information (including personal information), such aggregated or anonymized data is considered non-personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement and may be used and shared by us for any legitimate business purpose.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information, such combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
OVERVIEW OF COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We use the following types of Cookies and Similar Technologies on our Website:
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons) are small blocks of code installed on our Website which enable our online partners to serve cookies when you visit our Website and are generally used in combination with cookies to track visitor activity on our Website, receive relevant log data, location data and cookie data, and perform other activities relating to the monitoring and analysis of the use and performance of our Website.
COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE AND YOUR COOKIE CHOICES
Our Website utilizes the following cookies and similar technologies:
We use Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how people use our Website and to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website. We do this to make sure the Website is meeting our visitors’ needs and to understand how we can improve the Website. Google Analytics stores information about what Website pages you visit, how long you are on the Website, how you got here, and what you click on. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our Website. More information on Google Analytics can be found here. If you would like to opt-out of having your information collected and used as described, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, browsers typically allow individuals to remove or block browser cookies if they choose. Please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides for more information.
In addition to your browser settings and the specific opt-out mechanisms described above, you can opt-out of many non-essential cookies and similar technologies following the mechanisms available through the links below:
- HERE or HERE if you’re in the United States
- HERE if you’re in Europe
- HERE if you’re in Canada
You can learn more about cookies and how to manage them at www.AboutCookies.org.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINS
Our Website may use Social Media Plugins to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Website, the operator of the social media plugin that is on our Website can place a cookie on your computer that lets such operator recognize individuals on their website who have previously visited our Website. If you have previously logged into the social media website while browsing on our Website, social media plugins may allow that social media website to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our Website. The social media plugin may collect this information for visitors who have logged into social networks, whether or not they specifically interact with the plugin on our Website. Social media plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Website with other users of their social media website. ITW does not control any of the content from social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from social media websites, you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
DO NOT TRACK
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our Website does not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
3.HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ITW implements and maintains reasonable restrictions on the retention of personal information collected through this Website and generally disposes of such personal information once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or further processed. However, we may continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and as necessary to comply with applicable law. In addition, we may continue to store anonymous, aggregated or anonymized information for any legitimate business use described in this Privacy Statement.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers and business partners. We disclose your personal information to third parties who provide us with various data processing services (e.g., monitoring, securing and maintaining our Website, or preparing emails and other electronic communications on our behalf) or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Statement or notified to you when we collect your personal information on the Website.
- ITW affiliates and business units. We share personal information with our affiliates and business units who process personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or as notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- Law enforcement, government agencies, and judicial bodies. We also disclose personal information where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Other parties based on your consent. We may share personal information with any other person with your consent to such disclosure.
We do not otherwise distribute to third parties your personal information. However, we will have no liability for disclosure of such information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personal information.
5. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW ITW USES YOUR INFORMATION
You have various rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer and processing of your personal information, as described below.
- You may contact us using the contact details below to request access to, correct, update, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through the Website. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you used to set up your account. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your user account.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details below.
- If you do not want any information collected, then you should choose not to use the ITW Website.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area and/or to the extent required by applicable law, you have the following additional data protection rights:
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable data protection authority. You have the right to lodge such a compliant in the European country of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable EU data protection laws. A list of all European supervisory authorities and their respective contact information is available here.
We reserve the right to limit the rights described above at any time where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified by ITW or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You can exercise any of the foregoing rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact ITW section below.
6. HOW ITW PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information. All information is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible. All ITW servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Website before you leave your computer.
7. WHAT ITW DOES ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THIS SITE
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact ITW section below.
8. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT ITW
ITW Proline Pty Ltd
74-94 Newton Road, Wetherill Park NSW 2164 Australia
Tel: 1300 721 738 (free call within Australia), +61 2 9757 0777 (international)
9. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
ITW reserves the right to update or modify this Privacy Statement, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of this Privacy Statement on this Website. If we modify this Privacy Statement, the modifications will only apply to personal information we collect after we have posted the revised Privacy Statement on this Website.
This Privacy Statement was last revised on August 27, 2018.